Improving sales through understanding patient behaviorImproving sales through understanding patient behavior https://datazymes.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/CaseStudy_Adherence-Study-for-US-Pharma.jpg 874 600 Vivek g Vivek g https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/927c001dd3a13b6e015a946097c9aa5c?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
Integrating traditional patient studies like persistency, compliance, and length of therapy to better understand the behavior in dropping off a drug.
How DataZymes combined different studies like persistency, compliance and length of therapy, handling data leakage to give better picture of patients’ behavior in longitudinal.
Only one third of the patients are said to comply with recommended treatment and hence ~$43B of pharmaceutical sales is lost due to non-compliance. The brand team of pharma client, one of the global pharma majors, were interested in tracking the general timelines after which patients are more probable for dropping-off, to better strategize targeting existing customer segment and the physicians associated.
Typically, persistence is something which companies focus on for these cases, but it is equally important to assess the other metrics like the in-general length of therapy & naïve Rx share trends.
The client sought for:
- Combining different studies like persistency, compliance, and length of therapy to better understand the patients’ behavior in dropping off a drug.
- Single & dynamic code that prepares and processes the data based on the business rules
- Monthly scorecard with user friendly interface and options for customized analysis
Team at Datazymes began with creating the patients’ longitudinal journey, defining all the episodes of each patients. The frequency distribution curve was used to decide on the grace periods considered. Normalization and standardization techniques were used to take care for data leakage due to movement of data providers in the network. Different regimens were defined and analyzed based on the business rules and different metrics were assessed using the final data prepared.
The excel-based final dashboard was developed in a way to reflect the new data results with a minimal effort of pasting the data and giving the users easy & friendly interface for customized analysis.
Key Features of the Solution
Integrated Solution >>
- Integration of multiple data metrics at one place
Dynamic Code >>
- Ability to assign and modify parameters like grace period
Standard & easy to interpret Viz >>
- Simple line chart to assess every point in the trends easily
- Easy dropdown features to choose from different metrics
Intuitive and Ease in Navigation >>
- User friendly excel dashboards for easy user navigation
This solution with effective trends identification ensured business to identify the true potential of the improving in sales loss due to patients switching, identify market dynamics and customize promotional strategies timelines as per the target customers.