Evaluating Strategic Investment OpportunitiesEvaluating Strategic Investment Opportunities https://datazymes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/CaseStudy_Investment-Decision-Study-for-US-Pharma-SI-1.jpg 874 600 Vivek g Vivek g https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/927c001dd3a13b6e015a946097c9aa5c?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
Understanding Competition, Evidence and Maturity Around Set of Upcoming Delivery Technologies .
How DataZymes combined its expertise, experience and set of novel analytical frameworks to compare the maturity status of the technologies and draw a risk vs therapeutic reach comparison to support investment decision
Over the last two decades, the biopharmaceutical industry has witnessed the rise of several biologics that have revolutionized treatment paradigms across a myriad of diseases with high unmet needs. Given their high target specificity and limited toxicity compared to small molecule drugs, biologics have garnered interest from multiple companies. More recently, the industry has shifted its focus towards several novel biologics, such as cell and gene therapy, oligonucleotides, and bi-specific antibodies. While these novel drug classes hold immense promise in treating various diseases, owing to the challenges associated with their delivery, the full potential of these novel treatment modalities has remained untapped.
The competitive intelligence team of pharma client, one of the global pharma majors, was interested in evaluating the novel delivery technologies for a specific biologic drug class.
The client sought for:
- Understanding the therapeutic reach of each of the novel technologies and developing a competition profile around these technologies
- Details on the existing scientific evidence and clinical proof of concept of each of the technologies
- Identifying the public and private players working on various technologies
- Developing profile of technologies and acquisition targets across different technologies
Team at Datazymes began with creating a database of various assets within the drug class under focus that were currently in clinical and preclinical development. For each of the identified asset, the team identified the delivery technology adopted.
Key Features of the Solution
- A comparative assessment of all the technologies providing a qualitative ranking across multiple parameters to support decision making
- A therapeutic area wise mapping of all the technologies to highlight the therapeutic reach of each of the technology under evaluation.
This actionable insight generated by the team helped the client select and shortlist relevant technologies to invest in and identify relevant technology partners or acquisition targets.